Advantages of Lithium Ion Battery
1. Long cycle life: Li-ion battery is charged and discharged at a rate of 1C, and its cycle life is greater than or equal to 500 times. The electric capacity at the 500th time is greater than 70% of the nominal copper beam. And even if the lead-acid battery is discharged at 0.5 and charged at 0.15C, its cycle life is less than or equal to 350 times, and the capacity is less than or equal to 60%.
2. Good low-temperature discharge performance: Li-ion batteries can work normally at -25 degrees, and their capacity can reach 70% of the nominal capacity, while lead-acid batteries have 50% of the capacity at -10 degrees, which is at -25 degrees. Time is not: It can work normally.
3. Strong charge retention capacity: After placing a fully charged lithium-ion battery pack for two months, its capacity is greater than or equal to 80%, while lead-acid batteries are placed for two months, only 40%-50% of the nominal capacity %.
4. Strong continuation capability. Since the weight of the lithium-ion battery pack is only 30% of the lead-acid battery, under the same voltage and capacity, the continuation capability of the lithium-ion battery is strong.
5. High specific energy: Since the volume of lithium-ion batteries is only 30% of that of lead-acid batteries, the energy reserve of lithium-ion batteries is larger than that of lead-acid batteries when the same space is used.
Application of Lithium Ion Battery
In recent years, the application range of lithium-ion batteries has become more and more extensive. Lithium batteries are widely used in energy storage power systems such as water power, thermal power, wind power and solar power stations, as well as electric tools, electric bicycles, electric motorcycles, electric vehicles, military equipment, Aerospace and other fields. At present, lithium batteries have gradually expanded to the fields of electric bicycles and electric vehicles. Below we will specifically introduce several industries in which lithium-ion batteries are used.
1. Application of electric vehicles
At present, most of my country's electric vehicles still use lead-acid batteries as power. The battery itself has a mass of more than ten kilograms. If a lithium-ion battery is used, the weight of the battery is only about 3 kg. Therefore, it is an inevitable trend for lithium-ion batteries to replace lead-acid batteries for electric bicycles. In this way, the lightness, convenience, safety and cheapness of electric bicycles will be welcomed by more and more people.
Second, the application of electric vehicles
As far as my country is concerned, automobile pollution is becoming more and more serious, and the damage to the environment such as exhaust gas and noise has to be controlled and treated, especially in some densely populated and traffic congested large and medium cities. The situation has become more serious. Therefore, a new generation of lithium-ion batteries has been vigorously developed in the electric vehicle industry due to its pollution-free, low-polluting, and energy-diversified characteristics. Therefore, the application of lithium-ion batteries is another good strategy to solve the current situation.
Third, the application of aerospace
Due to the strong advantages of lithium-ion batteries, aerospace organizations also apply lithium-ion batteries to space missions. At present, the main role of lithium-ion batteries in the aviation field is to provide support for launch and in-flight calibration and ground operations; at the same time, it is beneficial to improve the efficiency of primary batteries and support night operations.